Wood - Furniture cluster ABC WOOD, o.s.
The Wood - Furniture cluster was established on 20. 6. 2007. At the present time it has 14 members. The members of the cluster are companies working in a wide spectrum of activities from forestry and wood production to the manufacture of wood based products (plywood, batten boards, windows, doors) and furniture manufacture (office, kitchen, upholstery, etc.) and the design and construction of entire wooden buildings and interiors. The cluster partners are Tomas Bata University in Zlín and the Zlín Regional Government. The process of estab-lishing the cluster was financially supported by the European Union through the project "Identification of possibilities for the creation of a wood production and furniture production cluster in the Zlín Region" as a part of the Operational Programme Industry and Enterprise.
The vision and mission of the cluster is the connection of the entire value chain of companies taking part in the wood and furniture industry, cooperation during the establishment of so-cially effective interests supporting growth in domestic consumption of wood products and other wood components, as an ecologically suitable and renewable raw material through the application of several rural development strategies and innovation programmes.
Concrete objectives of the cluster's activities:
- To promote the cluster and support the demand for the production of member compa-nies on the Czech market - marketing, promotion.
- Support in promoting members (primarily small and medium sized businesses) in for-eign markets and the consequent increase of exports.
- Support in the implementation of new ecologically positive technologies and processes.
- Cooperation with scientific research and educational institutions.
- Initiation of development of human resources in companies - training centre and train-ing programmes.
- Support the improvement in the quality of production of cluster members through the implementation of a brand "Life with wood - wood in our lives".