Footwear Cluster CZECH SHOES, o.s.
The Footwear Cluster was established by 11 companies on 2. 11. 2006. Their current number is 12 (two companies entered, one went into liquidation). Members of the cluster are primarily companies manufacturing health, safety and certified children's shoes, and furthermore manu-facturers of shoe components and leather goods. The cluster's partners are the Zlín Region, the Faculty of Technology at the Tomas Bata University and the Czech Footwear and Leather Association. The process of establishing the cluster was financially supported by the European Union through the project "Identification of possibilities for the creation of a footwear cluster in the Zlín Region" as a part of the Operational Programme Industry and Enterprise.
The main objective of the cluster is:
To strengthen the position of Czech footwear and Czech manufacturers in the market.
Concrete objectives of the cluster's activities:
- Consulting for improving the performance of footwear companies
- Benchmarking study
- Joint product branding - corporate identity
- Promotion of the joint corporate identity of the cluster
- Common intranet and sale over the internet
- Marketing study of the Czech footwear market
- Participation at specialised exhibitions and shows
- Professional training of employees of member companies
- Shared equipment for the division of homogeneous materials