The Plastics Cluster was established as an interest association of legal entities of 18 founding on 27. 2.2006. The objective of the cluster is to create a communications environment for companies in the plastics industry, to support their expansion into new markets, to build a base for research and development and the organisation of training of selected professions for member companies. The project of establishing the cluster was co-financed by the Zlín Re-gional Government and was supported by a grant from the Operational Programme Industry and Enterprise.
Vision of the cluster:
The Zlín Region will become the centre of innovative plastic product manufacturing in the Czech Republic
Concrete objectives of the cluster's activities:
Participation in the preparation of international projects: Cross border cooperation of the Czech Republic and Slovakia:
- Create a representative forum of plastic product manufacturers in the Zlín Region
- Set up an effective network of plastic product manufacturers to take advantage of se-lected services and products, as a necessary prerequisite for increasing performance and competitiveness.
- Establish a base for the preparation of joint development projects
Seventh Framework Programme:
- Development of knowledge potential of teachers, technical staff and students in the field of plastic and leather technologies (in cooperation with the Technical College in Otrokovice)
- To create conditions for the growth of cross border group of business entities and the quality preparation of human resources (in cooperation with the Automotive cluster - West Slovakia).
- CERADA – European Research and Development Area (in cooperation with entities in the Zlín, North Moravian, Žilina and Katovice regions.)
- CLUSTERPLAST – Inter-cluster initiative to target the future challenges for the European polymer converting industry (in cooperation with clusters from France, Italy, Austria, Spain and Portugal.)